An Evening Of Desire
Join us for “An Evening Of Desire.” The Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival is hosting a benefit on October 9, 2018, inspired by Tennessee Williams’s themes of desire and passion.
For tickets and more information click here: https://tennesseewilliams.secure.force.com/ticket/
What To Expect
The evening begins at 6:30 p.m.with a Cocktail Hour and Hors d’oeuvres, followed by performances at 7:30 p.m. The event takes place at the new WYES Kornman Performance Studio at 916 Navarre Street. Tickets are $75 for the general public and $60 for 2018-19 Festival members. Proceeds will benefit the programming for the coming 2019 Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival. Guests will enjoy music, scenes, and poetry by and inspired by the ardent writings of Tennessee Williams. Featured performers include Bryan Batt, Beth Bartley, Leslie Castay, Brenda Currin, Todd d’Amour, David Hoover, Nell Nolan and Francine Segal.
About The Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival March 27-31, 2019
The Festival’s mission is threefold: to serve the community through educational, theatrical, literary, and musical programs; to nurture, support, and showcase regional, national and international writers, actors, musicians, and other artists; to honor the creative genius of Tennessee Williams, who considered this city his spiritual home. Accomplishments include:
- Brings more than 130 authors, actors, and musicians to the Festival for our five-day event.
- Provides professional writing education to more than 200 area students.
- Supports year-round literary programs in the community.
- Nurtures up-and-coming literary and theatrical talent through our contests and readings, which bring in more than 1,700 poems, short stories, and one-act plays.
- Creates a total economic impact of 1 million dollars during the five-day even