Audubon Zoo Lights
Audubon Zoo Lights presented by Children’s Hospital will bring the holiday spirit to our community by creating an enchanting nighttime winter dreamland in the heart of Uptown New Orleans.
For more information and to buy tickets visit: https://audubonnatureinstitute.org/zoo-lights
What To Expect
The lights! Look for larger than life, silk-lighted replicas of some of the Zoo’s most popular animals.
- Exciting arrays of animal-themed light displays
- Nightly live entertainment
- Holiday story time
- Polar Pics: Take your holiday photos in a winter wonderland setting. Photos are available for a fee, prices vary by package. Santa’s last day in Polar Pics will be December 23.
- Delicious holiday treats
- Craft tents to create special messages that will be delivered to the patients at Children’s Hospital
- Holiday Marketplace filled with items from local artisans
Open Select Nights November 23 – December 30
5:30pm – 9:30pm (last entry at 9:00pm)
Lights for Lions
During this event Audubon will collect broken and unwanted holiday string lights for recycling at the Zoo front gate. Look for the festive Lights for Lions donation box outside of the front gates at the Zoo. You do not need to enter the Zoo to donate your holiday string lights. Please do not add bags or boxes in the recycle box—only string lights!
Proceeds from Lights for Lions will benefit the Ruaha Carnivore Project, which helps large carnivores, like lions, in the wild by working with communities in Tanzania to reduce human-carnivore conflict and develop long-term carnivore conservation strategies. Through Audubon’s “Lights for Lions” campaign, the New Orleans community can join the fight to save lions and spread holiday cheer across the globe.