Boudin, Bourbon & Beer
Photo By Cheryl Gerber
Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s signature outdoor food and music festival Boudin, Bourbon & Beer 2018 kicks-off on Friday, Nov. 9 at Champions Square and features an expanded lineup of over 70 local and national chefs. One of the South’s top food and music festivals, the eighth annual Boudin, Bourbon & Beer will showcase award-winning chefs preparing their own creative styles of boudin sausage. Chef Emeril Lagasse, along with co-chairs Donald Link, Stephen Stryjewski and Guy Fieri lead this culinary extravaganza that puts Louisiana’s favorite artisanal sausage in the spotlight.
What To Expect
The following is a preview of some of the 70+ boudin-inspired dishes that attendees can find at Boudin, Bourbon & Beer 2018.
- Wilfredo Avelar, Meril – Boudin Tostada
- Frank Brigsten, Brigsten’s – Chorizo Sausage with Mojo Verde
- Phillip Buccieri, NOLA – Boudin Stuffed Chicken Wing
- Douglas Braselman, Emeril’s New Orleans – Crispy Boudin Rice Balls, Pork Cracklins
- Cody & Samantha Carroll, Sac-a-lait – Boudin Enchiladas
- Justin Devillier, La Petite Grocery – Boudin & Collard Green Tamales, Roasted Chile Picante
- Guy Fieri – Chipotle BBQ Boudin Nachos
- Kelly Fields, Willa Jean – Whipped Dark Chocolate, Bourbon, Butterscotch
- Michael Gulotta, MayPop – “The BaoDin” Boudin Stuffed Bao Bun with Kumquat
- Alex Harrell, The Elysian Bar — Confit Duck Liver Risotto
- Ben McCauley, Sylvain – Duck Boudin Ragoons, Satsuma Duck Sauce
- Ashley McMillan, Sucre – Satsuma Bourbon Parfait, Bacon Bourbon Macaron
- Tory McPhail – Cochon de Lait Tostada
- Todd Pulsinelli, Warbucks – Smoked Spam and Pork Shoulder Shiso “Lettuce Wraps”
- Nathan Richard, Cavan – Hog Cracklin “Rice Crispy” Treats with Buffalo Trace Marshmallows
- Carl Schaubaut, DTB – Pork Rillette Pecan Pie, Root Beer Cane Syrup & Whipped Mustard
- Stephen Stryjewski, Link Restaurant Group – Smoked Bologna with Pickled Pumpkin Slaw
- Alon Shaya/Cara Peterson, Saba – Boudin-Stuffed Grape Leaves, Hummus, Pecan Tahini
- Leighann Smith, Piece of Meat Butcher – Boudin Egg Rolls
In addition to samplings of over 70 creative boudin dishes, guests will also enjoy open bars featuring unlimited selections of Abita craft beers, premium Buffalo Trace cocktails, fine wines, as well as Nat Sherman cigars, a silent auction curated by chefs and a dessert tent with Keurig coffee and sweet treats. Railroad Earth, Donavon Frankenreiter, Lilli Mae and Honey Island Swamp Band will take the stage at the 8th annual event.
Inclusive of all food, beverage and live entertainment, tickets to Boudin, Bourbon & Beer are on sale for $135 in advance and $150 on the day of the event. The event allows the Foundation to support children’s culinary and nutrition education programs throughout the year, including its recently launched signature program, Emeril’s Culinary Garden & Teaching Kitchen
, a national education initiative created to enrich the lives of elementary and middle school children through a fun, fresh perspective on food.
Boudin, Bourbon & Beer is the first part of Emeril Lagasse Foundation’s two-night signature fundraising weekend and is held annually the night prior to nationally recognized charity wine auction and gala dinner, Carnivale du Vin
. Last year’s fundraising weekend raised $3.5 million for children’s charities along the Gulf Coast.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit boudinbourbonandbeer.com. For media interested in covering the event, visit the press information page here.
About Emeril Lagasse Foundation
Founded in 2002 by Chef Emeril Lagasse and his wife Alden, Emeril Lagasse Foundation is a 501c(3) public charity headquartered in New Orleans. The Foundation’s mission is to create opportunities to inspire, mentor and enable youth to reach their full potential through culinary, nutrition and arts education with a focus on life skills development. Since its inception, Emeril Lagasse Foundation has granted more than $10 million to children’s charities to support culinary, nutrition and arts programs. The Foundation was recognized as the 2016 Nonprofit of the Year by Louisiana Association of Non-Profit Organizations. To learn more about the Foundation and its beneficiaries, visit Emeril.org
, or follow on Facebook