Eat, Drink SoFAB Writers’ Festival
March 26 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The Southern Food & Beverage Museum (SoFAB), named one of “11 of the Worlds’ Top Food Museums” by CNN and one of the “12 Best Museums Around the World” by Elle Dècor, is excited to announce Eat! Drink! SoFAB Writers Festival, a stellar lineup of culinary authors whose books highlight the food & culture of the South. Attendance to the festival and museum is free and open-to-the-public. Visitors can enjoy book signings, meet-and-greets, and panel discussions with their favorite authors.
“We are excited to create an opportunity for some of our region’s most celebrated culinary authors to come together and celebrate their work and the food and culture they represent. The writer’s festival will be a great opportunity for visitors to chat with their favorite writers about their recipes, cooking traditions, and taking culinary traditions from the kitchen to the page. We appreciate Domino Sugar’s support in making this a free event for the community,” said Brent Rosen of the Southern Food & Beverage Museum.
Authors, being added daily, include:
- Emanuel Laroche, author of Conversations Behind the Kitchen Door”
- Zella Palmer, Recipes and Remembrances of Fair Dillard, 1869- 2019
- Corinne Martin, Louisiana Herb Journal
- Micheline Maynard, author of Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Cynthia Nobles, author of The Delta Queen Cookbook
- Nancy Wilson, author of Mémère’s Country Creole Cookbook: Recipes and Memories from Louisiana’s German Coast
- Liz Williams, author of Nana’s Creole Italian Table
- Matt Pietrk and Carrie Smith, authors of Modern Caribbean Rum
- Tim McNally, author of Sazarac
- Sue Strachan, author of Cafe Brulot