- This event has passed.
Ogden Museum – Martin Lither King Jr. – Free Admission
January 20 @ 4:00 am - 11:00 amFREE
Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Art + Crafts + Music + Community Free Admission All Day!
January 20 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
In honor and celebration of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, the Ogden Museum is offering FREE Admission to the museum. Visitors of all ages are welcome to spend the day at the Museum exploring artists whose work investigates social justice, human rights and world peace through art activities, performances and dialogue.
- Paper Sculpture Monuments Inspired by John Isiah Walton
John Isiah Walton explores the status of Confederate monuments in New Orleans. Imagine a new monument for the city.
- Civil Rights Leaders Portraits Inspired by Carol Joe Williams
Learn more about those who contributed to the civil rights movement. Color their portraits in the iconic geometric style of Carol Joe Williams.
- Mixed Media Assemblage Inspired by Rontherin Ratliff
Rontherin Ratliff explores the lost of home with found objects. Depict your memories of home in this mixed media assemblage.
- Dream Wall Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr.
Keep Martin Luther King Jr.’s message alive, contribute your dreams to the Dream Wall.
- Mini Protest Signs Inspired by the Civil Rights Movement
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
The civil rights movement accomplished its goals through protest. Make a mini protest sign about something that is important to you.
- Gumbo Pot Collage Inspired by Leah Chase
Leah Chase is known for her Creole cuisine. Create a collage based on the ingredients and origins of gumbo.
- Paper Weaving Inspired by the Freedom Riders
Weave a paper Freedom Bus to commemorate those who fought for civil rights.
- Pop-Up Cards of Kindness Inspired by Martin Luther King Jr.
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy is to realize a kinder world. Make a pop-up card including your handprint and your one act of kindness for the new year.