Hoops For Kids 2018
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Louisiana, Chevron and the City of Covington are once again teaming up for the Hoops for Kids 3-On-3 Basketball Tournament at Peter S. Atkins Park on Saturday, September 8. Proceeds from the 6th annual event will provide funds for the Boys & Girls Club in Covington. Boys and girls in grades 4 – 12 are invited to participate. Teams will consist of four players with registration taking place online at http://www.bgcsela.org/hoops for only $20 per team.
Each team must check in no less than 5 minutes before their first scheduled game.Games will be pool play with three games guaranteed. Winners of each pool will advance to a single elimination bracket to the championship. Divisions will be determined at the tournament, centered around elementary, junior high, and high school teams. Each game will be played on half court. Upon defensive team controlling a rebound, a “take-back” beyond the three point line is required. Game winners will be determined by either of the following:
- Opposing team does not show within the allotted time
- A team is the first to 21 (twenty-one) points
- A team is leading after 2 (two) 10 (ten) minute halves.
- If regulation time end with teams tied, the first to score will be declared the winner
- Games will be officiated by volunteers. All fouls will result in the fouled team shooting free throws. If the foul committed was a shooting foul the fouled team will shoot two free throws. If the foul committed was a non-shooting foul, the fouled team will shoot one free throw.
- Each team will be allowed one time-out per half. The time-outs will not roll over to the second half. Each time-out will last for one minute’s time.
- Official LHSAA Basketball Rules will be used for all games.
About Hoops For Kids
Founded and supported by State Treasurer John Schroder in 2011, this is the sixth year for this exciting community event. In conjunction with the City of Covington and our repeat Tournament Sponsor, Chevron, our objective this year is to raise critical funds for the Boys & Girls Club in Greater Covington. Funds raised will be used to provide a safe, positive and engaging environment and programs that prepare and inspire local children to achieve GREAT FUTURES.