Louisiana SPCA Volunteer Orientation
On Saturday June 9 join us for a Louisiana SPCA Volunteer Orientation. The first step to becoming a volunteer with us is to attend the Louisiana SPCA Volunteer Orientation! Our work would not be possible without the dedication, passion and determination each and every volunteer brings to our organization! Volunteers are integral to our day-to-day operations and the overall success of the programs and services we offer. We know you’ll make a great addition to our incredible volunteer team and look forward to seeing you! Pre-registration is required at www.la-spca.org/volunteer.
How to become a volunteer
- Attend a volunteer orientation to learn more about the Volunteer Program and the opportunities available. You will also learn about the additional training requirements involved in becoming an Animal Care Volunteer. Pre-registration is required and you can register online here.
- You will be asked to submit a volunteer application before you attend orientation.
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours of volunteer work per quarter. Animal care volunteers must commit to a minimum of 4 hours of volunteer work per month.
- If you are under the age of 18:
- 15 – 17 years old: You are permitted to volunteer on your own with parental or guardian permission. Please submit this completed form at orientation.
- 12 – 14 years old: You are required to volunteer as a team with a parent or adult guardian (18 years or older). Volunteers under the age of 16 are not eligible to be trained as Animal Care Volunteers. Both team members must complete each step of the volunteer process above and must always volunteer together at any of our events.
- For additional information on how your son or daughter (under age 18) can become involved please visit our Youth Education page.
**Please note that it can often take from 1-2 months to complete the process for becoming a volunteer.
Due to the level of training involved in volunteering at the Louisiana SPCA,students will not be able to get credit for service hours until they have served 3 consecutive months as an active Louisiana SPCA volunteer contributing at least 4 volunteer hours per month.