NOLA Mac n’ Cheese Fest!
The NOLA Mac n’ Cheese Fest is excited to announce its 2019 food/beverage vendors, music lineup, art vendors and more for the third-annual festival taking place Saturday, October 12 at Louis Armstrong Park (11 am – 6 pm). The event is free and open to the public. The NOLA Mac n’ Cheese Fest dedicates this year’s event to festival co-founder, Kent Broussard, who sadly passed away earlier this year. Kent was a joy to all who met him and the powerhouse leading the festival team.
For more information on the 2019 NOLA Mac n’ Cheese Fest, please visit www.Nolamacncheesefest.com.
What To Expect
NEW additions to this year’s festival include:
- The “Kid’s Zone,” a unified play area presented by the Special Olympics of Louisiana (SOLA). A portion of 2019 festival profits will benefit SOLA.
- In addition to awarding the coveted Macaroni Trophy for the “Best Mac n’ Cheese in New Orleans!” contest, the festival will also host a Mac n’ Cheese Eating Contest to earn the coveted title of, “NOLA’s Biggest Mac n’ Cheese Fan!” Those interested must enter in-advance at https://www.nolamacncheesefest.com (applications now open!).
- 11:00 – 11:30 AM – DJ Doug Funnie
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM – Red Hot Gentilly Peppers
- 12:30 -1 PM – DJ Doug Funnie
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM – Marigny Street Brass Band with Big Chief Juan Pardo
- 2:00 – 3:00 PM – Mac n’ Cheese Eating Contest and Best Mac n’ Cheese winner announcement
- 3:00 – 4:00 PM – J & The Causeways
- 4:00 – 4:30 PM – DJ Doug Funnie
- 4:30 – 5:30 PM – Robin Barnes
- Official Spirits Sponsor: Smirnoff
- The Big Cheezy
- The Big Squeezy (Lemonade)
- Cajun Sneaux Snowballs
- Cherie’s Catering
- Dirty Dishes
- Frey Smoked Meats Co.
- House of Blues
- Jazzy Keto
- Let Us Cater for You
- Oceana Grill
- Deuce McAllister’s Ole Saint
- Original Thought Market
- Superior Seafood & Oyster Bar
- Evie Bories, @Evie_Eats, @Evie_Drinks
- Stephen Deadrick, @TheNola15
- The Organ Grinders
Art Market Vendors:
- Blue Moon Malas
- Elektra Cosmetics
- Joseph Walton Photography
- NOLA T-Shirt of the Month
- Passion Lilie
- Root Sustainable Wooden Accessories
- Royal Naija
A special thanks to 2019 NOLA Mac n’ Cheese Fest Sponsors: Smirnoff (Official Spirits Sponsor), Cumulus Radio (Official Media Sponsor), Crescent Crown Distributing, Diament Public Relations, Louisiana Life Magazine, Michelli, Moulding & Millwork Supply and Piazza Seafood.
Volunteer opportunities are available! To learn more, visit https://www.nolamacncheesefest.com/volunteer.