When was the last time you pampered yourself?
You know the feeling of being overwhelmed with emails, conference calls, meetings and other chores and responsibilities at work and at home? In our multitasking world, it is easy to forget about taking care of ourselves. It probably started with skipping a workout class because you just didn’t have time, or cancelling lunch plans to finish a project at work. After a while, these things start to add up and you realize you have been ignoring yourself. How about Self Care Sunday, a dedicated time to pamper yourself.
Self Care Sunday Treats
Self care gives you an armor to take on whatever life throws at you. It can be as simple or as involved as you’d like it to be, but it is vital to have some routine that focuses on you! In today’s hectic day to day life everyone is overstimulated. Using self care techniques can keep you from getting burned out, reduces stress and gives you a fresh outlook. Here are a few of our favorite Self Care Sunday techniques:
- Baths: Use bath salts to soothe sore muscles and relax your mind
- Face masks: Earthsavers Spa suggests: Eminence face masks & Patchology sheet masks. This will let you relax for 10-20 minutes and your glowing skin will thank you.
- Slow it down: Pay attention to where you put your thoughts and don’t over-commit to too many weekend plans. Maybe take some time to mediate.
- Mindfulness: Do what you’re doing when you’re doing it. This teaches your mind to focus and takes stress off your nervous system. Seems easy? Watch how easily you get distracted!
- Sleep: Try to disconnect from your phone and TV for more restful sleep (1 hour before bed). There is a reason why some call it “Beauty Sleep”.
- Do something that brings you joy: Cook a meal with friends or family, do something creative like draw or paint, or call an old friend and catch up.
Make Self Care A Priority
Set aside a place in your house to reflect and relax before your week begins. Earthsavers has a wide variety of products that can help you relax including aromatherapy and bath products. Find an activity that gives you the time to focus on only yourself. A restorative yoga class is a great place to start. Not interested in meditation or yoga? Explore your version of self care, it could be a sweaty workout, journaling, or even getting an Earthsaver’s manicure! Just do what makes you feel good.
Remember, self care isn’t just for Sundays. Create a daily ritual to center yourself. Not sure where to start? Try waking up early and reading something inspirational and positive, stretching and/or breathing exercises, or taking a walk/going outside during your lunch break to connect with nature. We also love the idea of incorporating 10 minutes of meditation or reflection in the afternoons. These may seem like little things, but they can make a huge impact on your mental health. Always remember to put yourself first. You can only give to others what you have inside.