Celebration In The Oaks 2019
It’s that time of year again. Celebration in the Oaks will be opening up at the end of November. Did you know that this year marks the 33rd anniversary of Celebration in the Oaks? Celebration in the Oaks, the festival in City Park features over a million lights! City Park’s famous oaks are swathed in over a million twinkling lights and breathtaking light displays are scattered throughout 25 acres of the Park, including the Botanical Garden, Storyland, and Carousel Gardens Amusement Park.
What’s New This Year
There are many new attractions this year. Here a sneak peek of what you can expect to find this year:
–Mutt Mondays: A special partnership with SPCA of Louisiana: Bring dogs with you and use the SPCA photo booth to take fun holiday photos with your friends – human and canine.
–Yoga classes: Yoga under the Lights
-Storytime in Storyland: Have you heard? Storyland has been revitalized this year! Kids can hear local authors read stories under the Storyland Castle
– Fountain of Joy on the train route
– Mighty Meteors on the train route
– Bursting Blooms in the Arrival Garden
– Swooning Swamp
– Full bar located in the new Kitchen in the Garden in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
– The Hilton Scavenger Hunt: Our partnership with Hiltons of New Orleans continues for the 2nd year in a row and you won’t want to miss the new and excited pieces! This year, every attendee will be given a chance to participate in the “Hilton Scavenger Hunt” for a chance to win special holiday prizes. Guests can use the game card and map to help find 6 clues throughout the park. Each clue has a secret word that can be written on your game card to the corresponding clue. Once you find all 6 clues, your game card will show a secret phrase and you’ve won! Instructions on how to redeem prizes are on the game card. You won’t want to miss out! Also, don’t forget that Hilton guests receive an unforgettable experience that includes free admission, unlimited rides, hot chocolate, train rides and more. Click here for details.
What You Need To Know
Celebration In The Oaks is a New Orleans Holiday tradition. The annual light spectacle began in in the late 1980s and has been growing ever since. Here is a look at some of the attractions you know and love and the latest additions.
-Train Ride: $5/person
-Amusement Park Rides: $4/single ride ticket (excludes train)
-$18/unlimited ride band (includes train, must be purchased at the event)
Your tickets are good for any night of the event that we are open in the current season. There is no refund due to rain, power outages, and other unforeseen conditions.
Event address: 5 Victory Avenue, New Orleans 70124
Open Nov. 29 through Jan 1, 2020
Closed Christmas Eve
Open Christmas Night: 6pm-9pm
Closed New Year’s Eve
Friday and Saturday 5pm to 11pm
Sunday through Thursday 6pm to 10pm
Last entry to event is 30 minutes prior to closing.
-Admission Tickets: $10/person
-Straight to the Gate tickets: Admission AND an Unlimited Ride Band with a dedicated entrance through Storyland: $28/person
-Children under 3 and Friends of City Park members: Free