It’s the most wonderful time of year…especially with the opening of the Celebration in the Oaks 2021. The twinkling lights decorating City Park is absolutely beautiful and a wonderful experience for the entire family. From Train Rides and the carousel to amusement rides and even snow, this year’s Celebration in the Oaks will have it all. Other holiday cheer-filled activities, including marshmallow roasting, hot chocolate, photo opportunities, dancing light shows in the Carousel Gardens…Don’t forget to check out Mister Bingle.
“Our community has been through a lot in the past 19 months and making cherished memories with loved ones is deeply valued,” said Cara Lambright, CEO of City Park. “It is truly an honor that Celebration in the Oaks continues to serve such a beloved role in our holiday season and we’re proud to deliver a stellar event this year for our guests.”
Due to the pandemic, City Park shifted the beloved holiday event in 2020 to a drive-thru experience, which attracted more than 185,000 visitors. This year, the highly successful Celebration in the Oaks Driving Tour will return, in addition to an expanded experience in the Carousel Gardens Amusement Park and the Botanical Garden.
“We support City Park because of its importance to the City of New Orleans and to the families who reside in the neighboring areas. We grew up close to the Park and remember how much City Park meant to us,” says Lisa Romano and Vincent Giardina, Trustees of the Oscar J. Tolmas Charitable Trust.
Celebration in the Oaks 2021
• All-access passes to Carousel Gardens Amusement Park, featuring unlimited rides on 18 attractions
• The festive outdoor bar in the Botanical Garden, where you can share a holiday delight under the twinkling lights
• A new festive train experience with on-board entertainment
• A newly added “snow” area
• Mister Bingle and Train Garden in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
• Tree of poinsettias in the Conservatory in the New Orleans Botanical Garden
• A 2021 commemorative ornament ($10.00 ea.)
• Other holiday cheer-filled activities, including marshmallow roasting, hot chocolate, photo opportunities, dancing light shows in the Carousel Gardens
Nov. 25, 2021 – Jan. 2, 2022 *Closed Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve; Open Christmas night
Driving Tour Entrance Address:
2 Friederichs Ave. New Orleans 70124 (Enter off Wisner Blvd.)
7 Victory Ave., New Orleans 70124 (Enter through Lelong Dr. to Victory Ave.)
A limited number of tickets will be sold per day and time slot. Guests are encouraged to purchase their desired day and time, as slots are anticipated to sell out. Tickets are only valid for the day and time slot purchased. ALL TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED ONLINE IN ADVANCE AT CelebrationInTheOaks.com.
Prices are based upon vehicle size:
• Sedans/SUVs: $39.99 (limit 8 guests per vehicle)
• Limos: $150 (limit 15 guests per vehicle)
• Sprinter Vans: $225 (limit 20 guests per vehicle)
• Friends of City Park members: Receive one free driving tour admission valid anytime from Nov. 25, 2021 – Jan. 2, 2022 (closed December 24 and December 31)
Carousel Gardens Experience Only: $35 per person
New Orleans Local is your best resource for the latest events happening around the city. If you like the theater, we’ve got you covered with all sorts of great safe events and lots of virtual events. Whether you are looking for festivals, parties, theater, charity events or events for kids, we have everything you need to be in the “know.” Our Calendar of Events welcomes any organization or business to submit events and happenings – HERE – to help let our community know what is happening around town. Everybody knows about Mardi Gras, but do they know about the latest charitable event, local marathons, holiday events, or reveillon dinners? Submit your event with a great photo, so we can let people know what events you want to help to promote in the New Orleans area. Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!