Local researchers push hard for new innovations and hopefully even a vaccine to fight the COVID-19 outbreak. Also, worrisome economic prospects for New Orleans workers and residents.
This week on Behind The Lens:
- Health reporter Leslie Cardé reports on researchers right here in the NOLA region, looking for ways to curb the spread and finally stop it in its tracks.
- Also, Michael Isaac Stein goes shopping for N95’s; you may be in for some sticker shock.
- Marta Jewson reports on the transition to at-home learning amid school closures – it’s a lot slower than many parents might prefer.
- And, Lamar Gardere of the New Orleans Data Center examines the economic catastrophe of COVID-19; who’s really bearing the brunt of our difficult new reality?
- We wrap the show with a musical selection by singer/songwriter Jillian Good and her band, Damaged Goods.
For more information visit: https://thelensnola.org/2020/04/17/behind-the-lens-episode-77-got-protection/
Behind The Lens is available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play and Stitcher. We now broadcast the show on community radio stations 102.3 FM WHIV LP in Mid-City and 90.3 FM WAMF-LP in the Marigny. And we’re thrilled to link to the show from our new partners’ website, NewOrleansLocal.com.