Second Annual Christkindl Markt
The Deutsches Haus Second Annual Christkindl Markt, or Christmas Market, will be held for one more day – Saturday, December 12, 2020, from Noon until 5PM. In the tradition of the German Seasonal Markets, there will be booths for Christmas Shopping and Treats. The Christkindl Markt is Free and open to the public.
Get your Christmas Shopping Done at the Christkindl Markt from local artists and crafters. Multiple vendors will be selling Christmas ornaments, steins, art work, crèche and nativity figures, wooden and marble items, sweets, herbs and spices along with oils and vinegars and more. All will be great for gifts. Guests can sip on mulled wine and get their favorite drinks from the bar, sausages will be available and hot chocolate. Of course, there will also be lots more delectable German Food available for purchase.
Rules For The Christkindl Markt
- All customers and employees must wear a face covering unless you are actively eating or drinking. You can no longer take your mask off as soon as you get to your table.
- There is no standing around, everyone must be seated.
- We will be accepting credit cards only, no cash.
- Phone numbers will be required for contact tracing.
- While we are open inside, we are encouraging all patrons to sit outside at a table. You may (and should) bring your own portable chairs for outside.
- You will not be permitted to move about from table to table
- Gatherings while entering, exiting or moving about must be avoided.
- Steins will not be handled by staff. We will fill disposable cups and you can fill your own stein and then wash it yourself when you are finished.
- Please bus your own tables to minimize the potential spread of the virus.
- There will be a maximum number of people allowed on site due to COVID regulations.
- There will be a Crowd Manager, as required, to assure that the rules are being followed.
Don’t miss out on anything happening in New Orleans. What are you doing during for the holidays? Find out some great options on the New Orleans Local Events Calendar – HERE. New Orleans Local is your best resource for the latest events happening around town. Are you looking for parties, theater, festivals and anything else? We have everything you need in one location.